IMT Lucca invites applications for a Visiting Professor in "Cooperative and noncooperative game theory for applications in environmental economics and network analysis". The candidate must have a strong background in (both cooperative and non-cooperative) game theory, graph theory, and optimization with experience in their applications to several fields, including environmental economics and network analysis. The candidate must also have a sound knowledge of a wide range of methodologies suitable for the approximation evaluation of centrality indices in networks. A preferential requirement is provided by the experience in the use of machine learning methods and of numerical methods for computational game theory.
The candidate will collaborate with IMT faculty members and Ph.D. students in conducting research, publishing academic papers, and in organizing research seminars. The position involves research and mentoring of IMT Ph.D. students, and participation in the development of the research activities of the School. The appointed candidate will join the IMT research area in Economics, Management, and Data Science.
- A Ph.D. in Applied Economics, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Control Engineering, Economic Policy, Electronic Engineering, Mathematical Methods in Economics, Operations Research, Political Economics, or related fields;
- An excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- The candidate must have the professional background to work in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary team;
- A preferential requirement is provided by the experience in the use of machine learning methods and of numerical methods for computational game theory.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- A scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).