The successful candidate will collect and analyze data for a research project aimed at investigating changes in brain and autonomic activity associated with the processing of emotionally charged naturalistic stimuli during sleep. In particular, the candidate is expected to: i) perform the recruitment and screening of volunteers by administering and processing standardized questionnaires; ii) collect high-density electroencephalography (EEG), electrooculography (EOG), electromyography (EMG), and electrocardiography (ECG) recordings during the application of sensory stimulation protocols in awake and sleeping human volunteers (in distinct, day and overnight experimental sessions); iii) contribute to the preprocessing and analysis of collected data by applying event-related analysis and time-frequency decomposition and assessing sleep graphoelements such as K-complexes and spindles.
- MSc degree in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences, Neuroscience, or related fields, obtained in Italy, or equivalent qualification obtained abroad (preferably obtained in the last six years);
- At least three years of experience in research areas related to the topics of the present position;
- Previous experience with the acquisition and analysis of event-related EEG recordings;
- Good knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Experience with the administration and analysis of questionnaires and scales;
- Experience with the use of programming languages such as MATLAB, Python, or R for data visualization and analysis;
- Experience with the collection and analysis of EEG data recorded during both wakefulness and sleep;
- Experience with the analysis of physiological signals, including EOG, EMG and ECG;
- Experience with the application and interpretation of statistical methods, including linear regression, ANOVA, repeated measures ANOVA and linear mixed-effect (LME) model.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV (compulsory).