Analysis, management and valorization of photographic heritage (archives); history and theory of photography; educational activities and public engagement initiatives; audience development strategies
The candidate will be a research fellow in the project "Archivi in Comune - HUG", which is part of the call for higher education of the Tuscany Region year 2021, FSC - Fondo per lo Sviluppo e la Coesione and, in particular, for the call topic of specific interest n. 4 (preservation and valorization of photographic archives). The research will take place within the Research Unit LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images, Contexts, Cultural Heritage. The research fellow will have to demonstrate excellent knowledge in the management of educational and public engagement programs, as well as in issues related to the analysis and valorization of cultural heritage, especially photographic heritage. Essential will be the knowledge of the history and theory of photography, as well as its conservation and management. The research fellow will have to demonstrate excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English.
- Preliminary inventory of the institutional archives of the Lucca territory (City of Lucca) that possess photographic heritage.
- Planning of networking strategies of institutional archives in the Lucca area (City of Lucca) that possess photographic heritage.
- Training for the use of the back-end software Arianna4Work
- Basic operations of inventory and, where possible, cataloguing of the photographic collections owned by the institutional archives of the Lucca area (City of Lucca).
- Implementation of the database on the photographic collections of the institutional archives of the City of Lucca.
- Planning of the interoperability among institutions, archives, and photographic collections and holdings (visualization of the database through an online platform).
- Planning and realization of image education and public engagement courses on the valorization of the photographic heritage.
- Publication activities in the field of history and theory of photography and the valorization of photographic heritage.
- Participation and/or organization of conferences, seminars, workshops in the field of history and theory of photography and valorization of photographic heritage.
- A Master's Degree in History, Historical Sciences, History of the arts and media, Conservation and management of cultural heritage or areas related to the themes of this announcement;
- The candidate must not have reached the age of 36 on the date of submission of the application.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Ph.D. in subjects related to what is required by the call is considered preferential;
- Previous research experience in the management and valorization of photographic heritage (in public and / or private institutions, museums, galleries);
- Previous experience in education and public engagement aimed at different users and audiences;
- Previous experience in organizing events related to the valorization of photographic and cultural heritage;
- Knowledge of the basic principles of protection and valorization of cultural heritage;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and project-oriented environment.
“ARCHIVI IN COMUNE - arcHivi lUcca fotoGrafia - HUG”; P0234; CUP: D63D21005350008;
L'assegno di ricerca è finanziato a valere sul FSC (Fondo per lo Sviluppo e la Coesione) e rientra nell'ambito di Giovanisì (www.giovanisi.it), il progetto della Regione Toscana per l'autonomia dei giovani.
M-STO/04 STORIA CONTEMPORANEA; L-ART/06 CINEMA, FOTOGRAFIA E TELEVISIONE; L-ART/03 STORIA DELL'ARTE CONTEMPORANEA; L-ART/04 MUSEOLOGIA E CRITICA ARTISTICA E DEL RESTAURO
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree and ongoing PhD (compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory)