Research seminar on recent trends in the field of solid mechanics and mechanics of materials, especially in relation to material instabilities. Contribution to research and PhD education programmes at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, with special regard to mechanics of materials and material modelling in extreme conditions, including possible applications of solids mechanics to soft robotics;
Researcher with experience in solid mechanics and mechanics of materials with special focus on mathematical modelling of material instabilities, fracture of quasi-brittle materials, homogenization theory, experimental mechanics, physico-mathematical modelling of materials for soft robotics.
- PhD in mechanical engineering, structural mechanics, or related areas;
- Candidates must have an excellent record of high-impact international publications and international collaborations;
- Candidates should demonstrate experience in computational mechanics applied to composite structures, with special focus on fracture mechanics of composite materials;
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English is required.
- Candidates should demonstrate experience in fracture mechanics, material instabilities, material modelling, experimental mechanics.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).