Hydrogen, Fuel cells; Electrolysers; Renewables; Prototyping
Candidates must have a STEM (fields Science Technology Engineering Math) master or equivalent degree. Even for fresh graduated applicants, the candidate must show interest from his/her curriculum vitae and any publications and / or experience on one or more of the following topics: Sustainable mobility; Green-Economy; Renewable energy; modelling and simulation of multi-physics systems. A particular availability to technology transfer is required, in order to develop a research and development activity across university and a business company. Flexibility at work and a good knowledge of the English language are required.
The research fellow will conduct a technology transfer activity, aimed at research and development in the field of materials, devices and processes in the hydrogen supply chain, in cooperation with the company Ne.m.e.sys srl, a research company specialized in development of technologies for the hydrogen supply chain, 30% owned by Nuovo Pignone Holding spa of the international Baker Hughes group. Baker Hughes with Ne.m.e.sys is committed to fostering the energy transition and guaranteeing continuity for society's energy needs, targeting the world goals by 2050. The activities aim at developing physico-mathematical models and their implementation into a multi-physics simulation software to characterize and optimize the performance of hydrogen fuel cells at the device scale, to be applied also to patented innovative technological solutions, see e.g. https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2017178964. Modelling activities will take place at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca (Lucca, Italy), and will be complemented by experiments in the Ne.m.e.sys srl laboratories located in Viale Rinaldo Piaggio 32, Pontedera (PI).
- Master's degree, or five-year degree or equivalent qualification in engineering disciplines, physics, mathematics, materials science or in related areas (STEM degrees);
- A good command of English is requested;
- Experience in the use of simulation software for multi-physics simulations is a preferential competence.
- The doctor of phylosophy (PhD) will be considered as a preferential title;
- Attitude to Problem Solving and Team Working;
- A particular predisposition to technology transfer is required, in order to develop a research and development activity across university and business;
- Flexibility at work and a good knowledge of the English language are also required;
- Experience in Design in one of the following areas: Computational Mechanics, Computational Physics/Chemistry, Software development.
ICAR/08 Scienza delle Costruzioni
_IMT4career - 45,83 %
_contratto conto terzi per l’affidamento di uno studio con il fine di migliorare i materiali, i dispositivi ed i processi di produzione lungo la filiera dell’idrogeno stipulato fra la Società Ne.m.e.sys. s.r.l. e la Scuola IMT Alti Studi Lucca, codice P0219 – CUP: D69J21016180007 - 54,17 %
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).