Philosophy of Science, Formal Epistemology, Logic, Decision Theory, Game Theory, Cognitive Science
The successful candidate will contribute to the PRIN project’s goals, i.e., investigating the interface between modeling and decision-making: how scientific models function, how they advance our knowledge despite their intrinsic uncertainty and idealizations, and how they are applied in decision contexts.
The IMT School is looking for a post-doctoral researcher in philosophy of science, with excellent research experience and strong attitude for interdisciplinary collaboration, who will work in the PRIN project “From Models to Decisions” (PI: Prof. Gustavo Cevolani).
- A PhD in Philosophy or similar fields;
- A suitable background for carrying out research activity;
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory).
An email, with the instructions on how to upload the reference letters will be automatically sent to your referees.
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published one or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.