Social Networks, Cybersecurity, Fake News, Misinformation
The selected researcher will work within the TOFFEE project (https://toffee.imtlucca.it) that aims at: 1) defining and developing tools for trustworthy interactions among social peers and for assessing the reliability of online information and 2) increasing people’s confidence on the data they get and about who they follow, while minimizing the risk of false information and malicious actions
The candidate should have expertise in Computer Networks, in Network Science and, in general, in cybersecurity and social networks and their impact. He/She should have excellent knowledge programming Languages and data mining tools and and a very good publication record on fake news and misinformation
- Master Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- The doctor of phylosophy (PhD) in Computer Science or Equivalent will be considered as a preferential title
2 years (renewable)
PAI "TOols for Fighting FakEs” - P0140
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory).
An email, with the instructions on how to upload the reference letters will be automatically sent to your referees.
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published one or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.