Management Science, Complex Systems, Regional Development, SMEs, Family business
The candidate must have a strong background in Management Science with research experience on the themes of regional development, local ecosystems, and competitiveness of SMEs and family businesses. The candidate must also have a strong background in quantitative methods to investigate the territorial dimension of firms' economic activity. Familiarity with spatial econometrics techniques is considered an advantage.
The candidate will carry out research activity in the context of Management Science on business strategy and growth of SMEs – with a focus on family firms – across regional contexts and localities. As part of the research activity, the candidate will contribute to data collection, analysis, and publication in international peer-reviewed journals. The research projects will entail using a wide array of methodological approaches with a strong focus on quantitative techniques.
- A Ph.D. in Business and Management obtained in Italy or abroad;
- Record of publications in peer-reviewed journals in Management Science;
- Experience in quantitative methods;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Research experience in the fields of SMEs, family business, and regional economics;
- Ability to work in an international and multidisciplinary environment;
1 year (renewable)
13/B1 - SECS-P/07
PAI 2018 “Regional Business Clusters as economic polymers: mathematical modelling, forecasting, and optimal policy design” (acronimo EcoPoly) - P0143 (50% of the total cost)
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).