Italian banks offer checking and savings accounts, and joint accounts for couples (conto corrente cointestato).
Moreover, some banks offer special conditions or accounts for customers like students. In general, no fees are charged when you withdraw cash from your own bank's ATM as well as when paying in shops within the country.
Before you decide to open a bank account, get all the information you may need! In fact, banks can offer different solution (i.e. fees included or not for account management, withdrawal of money, etc..)
Bank accounts can be opened in Italy by both residents and non residents above 18 years of age. Foreigners working in Italy may open an account in order to receive their salary and have a credit or debit card.
- Tax Identification Number (Codice Fiscale)
- Stay Permit or postal office receipts testifyng your Stay permit application
- Attendance certificate released by the Phd and Higher Education Office (email@example.com)
Post Offices also offer banking services and savings and checking accounts. Any resident over the age of 18 may open a postal account. If you want to open a postal account, you must provide the following documents:
- Tax Identification Number
- Stay permit or postal office receipts testifying your stay permit application