Analysis, management and valorization of photographic archives; Archiving, cataloguing and digitalization of photographic material; History and theory of photography
The candidate will be a research fellow in the project "Archivi in Comune - HUG", which is part of the call for higher education of the Tuscany Region year 2021, FSC - Fondo per lo Sviluppo e la Coesione and, in particular, for the call topic of specific interest n. 4 (preservation and valorization of photographic archives). The research will take place within the Research Unit LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images, Contexts, Cultural Heritage. The research fellow will have to demonstrate excellent knowledge, historical-theoretical and practical, about the archiving and cataloguing of photographic material as well as about the theory and history of photography. The research fellow will have to demonstrate excellent knowledge of both spoken and written English.
- Preliminary inventory of the institutional archives of the Lucca area (City of Lucca) that have photographic colloctions and development of their networking.
- Training for the use of the back-end software Arianna4Work.
- Inventory and, where possible, cataloguing of the photographic collections of the institutional archives of the Lucca area (City of Lucca).
- Design and organization of the database of the photographic collections of the institutional archives of the Lucca territory (City of Lucca).
- Design of accessibility strategies and networking of photographic collections of different institutions.
- Publication activities in the field of history and theory of photographic archives, history and theory of photography and valorization of photographic heritage.
- Participation and/or organization of conferences, seminars and workshops on the history and theory of photographic archives, history and theory of photography and valorization of photographic heritage.
- A Master's Degree in Archiving, History / Historical Sciences (with specialization in the history of photography), History of contemporary art, Conservation and management of cultural heritage or areas related to the themes of this announcement;
- The candidate must not have reached the age of 36 on the date of submission of the application.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Ph.D. in subjects related to what is required by the call it is considered preferential;
- Previous research experience in the management and valorization of photographic heritage (in public and / or private institutions, museums, galleries);
- Previous experience in inventory and cataloging of photographic material;
- Previous experience in the use of softwares for inventory and cataloging of cultural heritage (particularly photographic);
- Previous experience in the use of tools for digitization of cultural heritage (particularly photographic);
- Knowledge of the basic principles of protection and valorization of cultural heritage;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and project-oriented environment;
“ARCHIVI IN COMUNE - arcHivi lUcca fotoGrafia - HUG”; P0234; CUP: D63D21005350008;
L'assegno di ricerca è finanziato a valere sul FSC (Fondo per lo Sviluppo e la Coesione) e rientra nell'ambito di Giovanisì (www.giovanisi.it), il progetto della Regione Toscana per l'autonomia dei giovani.
L-ART/06 CINEMA, FOTOGRAFIA E TELEVISIONE; M-STO/08 ARCHIVISTICA, BIBLIOGRAFIA E BIBLIOTECONOMIA; L-ART/03 STORIA DELL'ARTE CONTEMPORANEA; L-ART/04 MUSEOLOGIA E CRITICA ARTISTICA E DEL RESTAURO
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).