Philosophy of Science, Formal Epistemology
(research fellowship holder) in philosophy of science or formal epistemology, with excellent track record, who will work in the PRIN project “From Models to Decisions” (PI: Prof. Gustavo Cevolani).
The candidate will contribute to the PRIN project by developing the study on "Assessing and Accepting Scientific Models" under the supervision of Prof. Cevolani. The research activity will mainly address the issue of rational belief and acceptance under (severe) uncertainty, in relation to the notions of knowledge, fallibilism probability and truthlikeness, and to the role of conditionals and epistemic paradoxes.
- PhD in Philosophy or similar fields;
- Research experience in the fields of philosophy of science, formal epistemology, or logic.
- Excellent knowledge of English language
- Being acquainted with the problems related to the logical analysis of rational belief, of conditionals, and of doxastic paradoxes.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).