Electroencephalography, Neural Plasticity, Sensory Deprivation, Auditory, Visual, Electrophysiology (EEG)
The candidate should possess:
1) A strong interest in sensory processing, neural plasticity and development;
2) Good programming skills;
3) A documented track record of research experience and outcomes related to the topic of this position;
4) Experience with experimental protocols performed with populations who experienced an atypical development;
5) Experience with the recording and advanced analysis of EEG data.
The candidate is expected to perform research activity at IMT and at other institutes (other collaborating Universities and Italian Hospitals), to create new experimental paradigms, to perform behavioral and EEG data collections and the associated data analyses as well as to prepare manuscripts. The candidate will be part of the MoMiLab Unit, the Cognitive Neuroscience community of IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, under the supervision of Prof. Ricciardi and Dr. Davide Bottari. National and international collaborations will integrate the research team.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences or related fields, preferably acquired within the last 7 years;
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of the present position;
- At least 3 years of research activity, before or after graduation, in experimental psychology or cognitive neuroscience, with specific reference to the study of visual, auditory and multisensory perception, in typical and atypical development and, experience with the acquisition and advanced analysis of EEG data, such as the use of multivariate decoding approaches;
- Good programming skills.
1 year, renewable
M-PSI/02 – Psicobiologia e psicologia fisiologica
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).