Analysis, documentation and study of the archaeological materials from Sybaris; set up of the Museum display; activities of study, organization and accessibility of the archaeological materials in the PAS store-rooms; field work and excavation.
The candidate has documented training and expertise in the field of Classical Archaeology, in particular in the methodologies and tools aimed at the following activities: analysis, documentation and study of a selection of archaeological materials stored in the PAS store-rooms, finalized to the inclusion in the new museum’s display; participation in the selection of exhibits and in the planning of the new museum's display; participation in the activities of study, organization and accessibility of the materials stored in the store-rooms; participation in field research and excavations. IT training and expertise are required, concerning in particular GIS elaboration as well as the use of IT tools for the documentation and management of excavation and topographical data.
The candidate will carry her/his research activity out in the frameworf of the projects of research, protection and valorisation related to the Museum and Archaeological Park of Sybaris, with a focus on the set-up of the Museum's display. The project is co-supervised by the LYNX Research Center at IMT School, by the Department of Humanities and Cultural Heritage of the University of Campania "Luigi Vanvitelli" and by the Archaeological Park of Sibari (PAS). The activities include: analysis, documentation and study of a selection of materials indicated by the scientific coordinators and stored in the PAS store-rooms, in order to include them in the display setting of the new museum; participation in the exhibitis' selection, display design and realization of the layout of the new Museum; participation in the activities of study, organization and accessibility of the materials stored in the store-rooms; participation in field research and excavations; GIS elaboration as well as use of IT tools for the documentation and management of excavation and topographical data; The research activities will be carried out, according to the different phases of their development, mainly at the PAS, Sybaris, and at the sites of the two university institutions participating in the project. The selected researcher will be asked to share the different phases of the research through seminars/lectures for students and doctoral students as well as tutoring and training, public initiatives and publications both in paper and digital format.
- Master's degree in the field of Archaeology or pertaining to research management valorisation of Cultural Heritage
- Good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Preferably PhD. in Classical Archaeology or fields related to Archaeological cultural heritage;
- Experience in the analysis, documentation, study, management and valorisation of archaeological materials;
- Experience in GIS elaboration and the use of IT tools for the documentation and management of excavation and topographical data;
- Experience of the issues related to musealization of archaeological materials.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).