The candidate is expected: To conduct research relevant to IMT’s strategy and contribute to the overall research performance of the School, carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals. To generate independent and original research within the specialist areas listed below and to contribute to the overall research performance of the School by publishing in leading international journals and conferences, by producing measurable outputs including bidding for funding and by recruiting and supervising postgraduate research students. The candidate is expected to conduct research in the areas relevant to Network group.
The candidate must provide an established expertise and proven portfolio of research within one or more of the following research fields:
1. The method of hypergraph containers, and applications, including extremal and structural results in sparse random objects.
2. Random processes of graphs and hypergraphs, and applications to areas such as random graphs, Ramsey theory and number theory.
3. Monotone cellular automata such as bootstrap percolation, and applications to models from statistical physics, such as kinetically constrained spin models of the liquid-glass transition.
Essential criteria are also: Knowledge of current status of research in the fields of complex networks theory. Established international reputation.
Proven record in international journal and international prizes.
The candidate must possess a degree in a subject area relevant to the profile: Physics, Mathematics, Statistics. The PhD will be however evaluated.
The candidate must prove ability in effective and persuasive communication, ability to supervise the work of others to focus team efforts, ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and to be able to communicate complex information to individuals from a range of disciplines.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- A scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).