Sleep, dreams, electrophysiology, sensory stimulation
The ideal candidate should possess: PhD in Neuroscience, Bioengineering or related fields; Good record of research experience and research outcomes related to the field of this position; Experience with Electroencephalography (EEG): data recording and data analysis; Good programming skills.
The appointed candidate will participate in an ERC-funded research project aimed at exploring the effects of sensory stimulation protocols on brain activity and dream imagery during sleep. In particular, the candidate is expected to create experimental paradigms and analyze behavioral and electrophysiological data including high-density EEG (256 electrodes), EMG and EOG, as well as to contribute to data collection. The candidate will be part of the MoMiLab Unit, the Cognitive Neuroscience community of IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, under the supervision of Dr. Giulio Bernardi. National and international collaborations will integrate the research team.
- A PhD in Neuroscience, Bioengineering or related fields;
- An excellent command of English language (written and spoken);
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of this position;
- Experience with the acquisition of EEG data;
- Experience with the analysis of continuous EEG data collected during sleep and/or wakefulness, as well as with the analysis of stimulus-evoked EEG activity;
- Experience with EEG data recordings during sleep;
- Experience with hd-EEG systems (>64 electrodes);
- Good programming skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
2 years, renewable
Tweaking dreams: non-invasive modulation of the level and content of mental activity during sleep” - TweakDreams (GA 948891, Dr. Giulio Bernardi)
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).