Candidates must have a STEM (fields Science Technology Engineering Math) master or equivalent degree. The candidate must show interest from his/her curriculum vitae and any publications, and/or experience on one or more of the following topics: experiments in the lab; mechanics of materials; paper industry materials; recyclable and biodegradable materials; adhesives and coatings; virtual testing and simulation with CAE (computer-aided engineering). Availability to technology transfer is required. Flexibility at work and a good knowledge of the English language are required.
The research fellow will work within the NEXT GENERATION PAPER & PACKAGING project co-funded by the Tuscany Region, the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca and Lucense Scarl. The research activities will focus on the study of eco-sustainable materials (coatings, biopolymers, alternative fibers) aimed at the development of new packaging and cellulose-based, recyclable and biodegradable products. The research will be divided into the following activities, with a working methodology aimed at evaluating the technical/economic feasibility of technological solutions to support industry, their scalability and potential repercussions, especially for the regional paper sector:
a) analysis of the state-of-the-art;
b) numerical simulations of the physico-chemical-mechanical behavior of the new materials (barrier effect, adhesive properties, compatibility and mechanical stability);
c) realization and experimentation on prototypes;
d) characterization and validation of the results.
The instruments of the Centro Qualità Carta di Lucense laboratory (https://lucense.it/) will be used for the experimentation and analysis activities. In close cooperation with the MUSAM research unit (http://musam.imtlucca.it/) of the MT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, it is planned to develop an integrated simulation and experimentation protocol for highly innovative eco-sustainable materials for the sector industrial reference.
The activities are in line with the main drivers of eco-design and eco-innovation for the paper sector.
- Master's degree, or five-year degree or equivalent qualification in engineering disciplines, in materials science or in related areas (STEM degrees);
- Candidates must not be thirty-six years old on the date of submission of the application for participation in the selection announcement (they must not have completed 36 years of age on the date of submission of the application)
- Good knowledge of English language both written and spoken.
- The doctor of phylosophy (PhD) will be considered as a preferential title.
- Proven experience of studies and research on the mechanics of materials, coatings and adhesives;
- Skills in experimental mechanics and/or modeling and simulation;
- Flexibility at work;
- Attitude to Problem Solving and Team Working and predisposition to technology transfer.
ICAR/08 Scienza delle Costruzioni
NEXT GENERATION PAPER & PACKAGING - NEXTPAPER4.0 - P0230, CUP: D63D21005360008
L'assegno di ricerca è finanziato a valere sul FSC (Fondo per lo Sviluppo e la Coesione) e rientra nell'ambito di Giovanisì (www.giovanisi.it), il progetto della Regione Toscana per l'autonomia dei giovani.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).