Sensory-deprivation, Blindness, Deafness, Perception, Multisensory, Naturalistic stimulation, fMRI
The appointed candidate will participate in a research project aimed at investigating a multisensory/unimodal version of the same movie presented in fMRI to non-deprived, deaf and blind samples, to measure the synchronicity of neural activity across participants through Inter-Subject Correlation. More in general, the candidate will contribute to research activities aimed at investigating the neural correlates of perceptual processing, multisensory integration, cognitive representation and emotional responses by comparing brain synchronization in multimodal and unimodal conditions, both in deprived and non-deprived individuals exposed to the same naturalistic stimulus. These research activities require expertise with different methodological approaches ranging from stimuli design and tagging to the collection and advanced analysis of functional/structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) collected during naturalistic stimulation.
The IMT School invites applications for a Research Collaborator with a background in long, naturalistic stimulation in neuroimaging applied to study perception and cognition in sensory-deprived individuals (i.e., blind and deaf samples). The ideal candidate should have significant research experience with the development of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) experimental design and data acquisition of naturalistic stimuli. Previous experience with the experimental enrollment and data acquisition in sensory-deprived is preferred.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Cognitive Sciences or related fields, preferably acquired within the last 6 years;
- At least 3 years of research activity with experience on stimulus tagging, acquisition and advanced analyses of continuous magnetic resonance imaging data;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the topic of this position;
- Experience in experimental protocols with sensory-deprived individuals;
- Experience with the recording and analysis of continuous fMRI data.
1 year, renewable
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).