FULL TITLE: "MANAGEMENT - Survey of the data concerning visitors to the National Museums of Crotone and its Province, the National Archaeological Museum and Park of Locri, and the Archaeological Museum and Park ARCHEODERI of Bova Marina, and of methods to collect and manage these data"
Management of museums and archaeological parks; collection and management of data concerning visitors; strategies to attract visitors and to disseminate and share information; Crotone, Locri, Bova Marina.
The candidate will be employed as a research fellow in the context of the activities envisaged in the agreement between the Direzione Regionale Musei della Calabria and the IMT School for Advanced Studies (Rep. IMT School n. 35/2022 Prot. n. 5751, 12/05/2022 and Rep. DRM-CAL n. 5, 27/04/2022), as specified in the operative agreement between the above-mentioned institutions (Prot. IMT School no. 11741(99), 26/09/2022 and Prot. MIC_DRM-CAL 0004592-P, 23/09/2022). The research will be carried out at the premises of DRM Calabria, the museums and archaeological parks considered and the Research Unit LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images, Contexts, Cultural Heritage. The succesfull candidate will have to demonstrate an excellent knowledge in the field of organisational and management studies applied to museums and cultural institituions, as well as in the field of visitor studies, in the collection and management of data concerning visititors to museums and archaeological parks, and in the field of museum studies. He/She will have to demonstrate an excellent kwnoledge of the methods to survey and access paper and digital archives collecting data on museum visitors, as well as excellent competencies in the analysis and elaboration of strategies to further enhance the management of the museums, also by adopting innovative tools to analyse and involve the general public. The research fellow must have an excellent knowledge of the public organisation for the management of cultural heritage as well as of the IT tools used by the institutions of the Ministry of Culture for the survey, cataloguing and organisation of data. The research fellow will also have to demonstrate an excellent ability to collaborate with specialists from other disciplines in the field of cultural heritage, in particular archaeology, cultural heritage law, computer science applied to cultural heritage.
● Survey of the relevant and available data concerning visitors to the following Museums and archaeological Parks:
- National Museums of Crotone and its Province;
- National Museum and Archaeological Park of Locri;
- Museum and Archaaeological Park ARCHEODERI, Bova Marina.
● Collection and analysis of data concerning visitors and accessibility to the above-mentioned Museums and archaeological Parks.
● Impact analysis of the cultural Institutions of the territory under investigation.
● Development of a strategy to collect and analyse data on museum visitors and of a strategy to further attract visitors, also by creating a new model based on the guidelines elaborated in the agreement between the DRM-CAM and the IMT School
● The appointed fellow could participate both in the AMCH track seminars and Lynx research activities.
- Master’s degree in Management of historical-artistic-cultural heritage or areas related to the themes of this announcement;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- PhD in fields related to the present call will be considered as a preferential title;
- Previous research experience in the field of management of Cultural Heritage, with particular attention to visitor studies and strategies to involve them, as well as to the organisation and management of museum institutions.
SECS-P/08 Economia e gestione delle imprese
ACCORDO OPERATIVO IN ATTUAZIONE DELLA CONVENZIONE REP. N. 5 DEL 27 /04/ 2022 TRA Direzione Regionale Musei Calabria E Scuola IMT - P0259 - CUP D63C22000690005
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).