corporate governance, management of companies
The candidate will have to carry out scientific and didactic-training activities in the field of research of corporate governance and the management of companies producing goods and services, with reference both to the business system as a whole and to all its functional areas. Particular emphasis is given to entrepreneurial and managerial decisions and the relationship between the business system and the competitive system. The study of management problems in the institutional, development, and turnaround aspects is central, all concerning the different size classes of the company, from the global enterprise to small and medium enterprises. The areas of research and teaching include, among others, innovation economics and management, business strategies, international business and trade, marketing and ommunication, production and logistics, investment management and finance, strategic consulting, as well as management of the cooperative sector and management of non-profit organizations.
SECS-P/08 - Economia e Gestione delle Imprese
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Rector, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Applicants selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis are interviewed at the Job Market Meetings in which the Institute is planning to participate, if applicable to the specific academic sector. Alternatively, individual preliminary interviews may also be conducted at IMT or by conference call. Travel expenses to Lucca for the preliminary interview will not be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Job Market Presentation open to IMT faculty members and students. Travel expenses for the Job Market Presentation will be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic); Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Please note that this list might not be exhaustive and the candidate is referred to the official call for the complete list of criteria.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (compulsory)
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published paper or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper during the final stage of the selection process.
- Additional papers can be submitted for evaluation (to be attached to your application in a single zip file where indicated in the online form). Note that these papers will be used in the evaluation procedure: not uploading papers will not be a cause for exclusion but will result in a lower amount of points assigned to the candidate. Please check the full call for further information about additional papers.