FULL TITLE: "INFORMATICS - Analysis, improvement and/or creation of digital platforms for the management of archaeological documentation (both on display and in the storerooms), data concerning visitors and accessibility, administrative documentation, in the National Museums of Crotone and its Province, the National Archaeological Museum and Park of Locri, and the Archaeological Museum and Park ARCHEODERI of Bova Marina"
IT; digital platforms; Database and data analysis; data collection, organisation and management; Crotone; Locri; Bova Marina.
The candidate will be employed as a research fellow in the context of the activities envisaged in the agreement between the Direzione Regionale Musei della Calabria and the IMT School for Advanced Studies (Rep. IMT School n. 35/2022 Prot. n. 5751, 12/05/2022 and Rep. DRM-CAL n. 5, 27/04/2022), as specified in the operative agreement between the above-mentioned institutions (Prot. IMT School no. 11741(99), 26/09/2022 and Prot. MIC_DRM-CAL 0004592-P, 23/09/2022). The research will be carried out at the premises of DRM Calabria, the museums and archaeological parks considered and the Research Unit LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images, Contexts, Cultural Heritage. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the tools for the collection, organisation and management of heterogeneous datasets (archaeological finds and remains, data concerning visitors to Museums and archaeological Parks, administrative acts). Furthermore, He/She will have to demonstrate excellent capacities in the creation and/or implementation of digital platforms for the collection and query of data, to be used by experts, general public and people involved in the management of cultural heritage. The successful candidate will also have to demonstrate competencies in analysing and elaborating a strategy to implement and/or create a digital platform to collect, query and manage the above-mentioned types of data. He/She will have to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the public organisation of the management of cultural heritage, as well as of the IT tools used by the institutions of the Ministry of Culture for the survey, cataloguing and organisation of data. The research fellow will also have to demonstrate an excellent ability to collaborate with specialists from other disciplines in the field of cultural heritage, in particular archaeology, cultural heritage law, museum studies and organisational-management.
● Survey of IT tools and digital platforms currently used to collecct and manage hetereogeneous datasets archaeological finds and remains, data concerning visitors to Museums and archaeological Parks, administrative acts) in the following Museums and archaeological Parks:
- National Museums of Crotone and its Province;
- National Museum and Archaeological Park of Locri;
- Museum and Archaaeological Park ARCHEODERI, Bova Marina.
● Implementation and/or creation of an open and adaptable digital platform, based on the standard defined by the DRM-CAL and extendable also to other Museums and Parks.
● The appointed fellow could participate both in the AMCH track seminars and Lynx research activities.
- Master’s degree in Informatics, Computer Science;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- PhD in fields related to the present call will be considered as a preferential title;
- Previous research experience in the field of cultural heritage, with a specific focus on the tools to collect, organise and manage heterogeneous datasets, as well as on the creation/implementation of digital platforms to collect, query and manage such data.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).