Finite element method; fracture mechanics; contact mechanics
The activity will regard the development of new finite element routines for fracture and contact mechanics, and their testing with frontier benchmark problems of high technological relevance which require high performance computing facilities.
The post-doctoral fellows will contribute to the activities of the following projects:
(1) PRO3 "Scientific computing for natural sciences, social sciences, and applications: methodological and technological development", where interaction with researchers from other disciplines to support emerging interdisciplinary collaborations requiring high performance scientific computing is expected;
(2) PRIN "XFAST-SIMS: Extra fast and accurate simulation of complex structural systems" (MUR code 20173C478N), regarding high performance computing solutions for contact and fracture mechanics.
The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is looking for two post-doctoral fellows with international experience and publications in computational mechanics, with special focus on fracture mechanics and/or contact mechanics. Experience in programming finite element routines at the research level is required. The post-doctoral fellows will contribute to research, teaching and technology transfer activities of the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. An excellent command of English is requested.
- A PhD in engineering, mechanics, systems science, or related areas
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- Candidates must demonstrate research experience in computational mechanics with a record of high-impact international publications, possibly obtained also through international collaborations;
- Research experience in fracture and/or contact mechanics is preferential
- An excellent level of spoken/written technical English is required.
progetto “Calcolo scientifico per le scienze naturali, sociali e applicazioni: sviluppo metodologico e tecnologico” - P0238, CUP: D67G22000130001
progetto PRIN "XFAST-SIMS: Extra fast and accurate simulation of complex structural systems" (codice MUR 20173C478N) - P0153, CUP: D68D19001260001
ICAR/08 Scienza delle Costruzioni
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters.Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.