Computer security, Software Security, Network Security, Cyber Range
The IMT School invites applications for a grant for a young research associate in data network emulation in the context of a project on the security of technological networks used in the railway sector.
In particular, the SySMA research group is interested in studying cybersecurity aspects of complex systems including communication systems for critical infrastructures. The ideal candidate must have experience in the management of IP networks, know the IP-MPLS, SDH architectures and the security principles that can be applied in these cases. He/she must also have good Linux systems management and programming skills and experience using advanced methodologies in IP network emulation.
The candidate will be responsible for the completion of activities related to emulation scenarios of TCP/IP and IP-MPLS networks, will be responsible for the creation of emulation scenarios to support the analysis of network security and will contribute to the finalization of project documentation in relation to the activities carried out. The candidate will also be involved in the construction, configuration and administration of the cyber-range (installed at IMT School) on which all emulation activities will be performed. These activities may include daily work sessions at a detached laboratory.
- High school diploma (Diploma di istruzione secondaria superiore);
- Being enrolled in a computer science, information engineering, or equivalent degree programs;
- Excellent knowledge of Linux environment, computer programming, network security;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University enrolment (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV (compulsory).