The visiting researcher is expected to contribute to the School activities and mission in the following areas:
RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSFER:
- Contribution and support to the following activites related to the starting of the project ARTES4.0 funded by the Italian Ministry of Economic Development:
(i) planning of the IMT macro-node activities and writing of the corresponding plan;
(ii) coordination and harmonization of the IMT research activities with those planned by the companies that have joined the macro-node IMT;
(iii) preparation of Industry4.0 readiness forms to be distributed to local firms, as part of the activities of the awareness node of IMT.
TEACHING AND HIGHER EDUCATION:
- Contribution within the Long Seminar "Funding and Management of Research and Intellectual Property" for the PhD programmes at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca on topics related to the Italian regulation for patents and university spin-offs;
- Research seminar for PhD students and researchers on firm location choice models to attract foreign direct investments and on factors drivers for innovation.
The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is searching one visiting researcher with experience in the area of applied economics/management science for applications related to Industry 4.0.
The candidate must possess the following skills:
(i) knowledge of spatial econometrics models, such as Spatial Auto-regressive, Spatial Error models, etc.;
(ii) computational and statistical tools for firm competitiveness analysis by using different econometric methods;
(iii) knowledge of firm location choice models to attract foreign direct investments;
(iv) experience on factors drivers for innovation;
(v) ability in writing business plans and experience in technology transfer.
Perspective applicants should hold a Master degree in Economics or related areas and a PhD in managerial economics or related areas.
- PhD in Economics or related areas.
- Master in Economics or related areas.
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Notions about commercial law, patents' law, Italian start-up benefit law and basic knowledge on venture capital, private equity, mutual funds, institutional investors, and stock markets are warmly welcome.
- Some elementary notions of Physics in order to understand the novelty and radical aspects of pending patents may be an asset.
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).