Researcher with experience in solid mechanics and mechanics of materials, with special focus on physico-mathematical modelling of structural dynamics, material instabilities, fracture of quasi-brittle materials, homogenization theory, and experimental mechanics.
An excellent track record of international cooperations and coordination of research projects is requested.
Research seminar on advanced and frontier topics of mechanics of materials. Scientific cooperation with PhD students and researchers of the research unit MUSAM. Contribution to research and PhD education programmes at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, with special regard to mechanics of materials, structural dynamics and material instability phenomena.
The activities could be carried out in person or from remote, depending on the evolution of the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, structural mechanics, or related areas;
- Candidates must have an excellent record of high-impact international publications, international collaborations and coordination of research projects;
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Candidates should demonstrate experience in structural dynamics, material instabilities, material modelling, experimental mechanics, homogenization theory.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- A scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).