Research seminar on physico-mathematical modelling of structural dynamics and material instabilities, with applications to smart materials and metamaterials. Cooperation with the staff of the research unit MUSAM on the mechanical characterization of innovative porous materials for the replacement of bone tissues. Contribution to research and PhD education programmes at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, with special regard to mechanics of materials, structural dynamics and material instability phenomena.
The activities can be carried out from remote using videoconference tools due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation;
Researcher with experience in solid mechanics and mechanics of materials, with special focus on physico-mathematical modelling of structural dynamics and material instabilities, fracture of quasi-brittle materials, homogenization theory, and experimental mechanics;
- A PhD in mechanical engineering, structural mechanics, or related areas;
- Candidates must have an excellent record of high-impact international publications and international collaborations;
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken;
- A PhD in structural mechanics or related areas;
- Candidates must have an excellent record of high-impact international publications and a documented experience at the international level;
- Candidates should demonstrate experience in structural dynamics, material instabilities, material modelling, experimental mechanics.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).