Web applications, web services, software development, software design, digital humanities.
Job tasks include analysis, design and development of:
- modules for a web-based editor for creating critical digital editions
- web services aimed at exporting data on the web and in formats suitable for printing
- web services for processing images
- features for data entry systems based on native relational and XML data bases
- front end applications for dynamic management of archived content.
Furthermore, the evolutionary maintenance of the systems developed during the assignment is required.
The candidate must have long-standing experience and demonstrate advanced competences in the development of web applications and digital humanities: modeling and implementation of systems for text acquisition and encoding; processing and storage of resources linked to the texts; advanced text search based on XML.
In particular, it is required excellent knowledge of:
- XML standards (DTDs, XML Schemas, XSLT) and in particular the TEI specifications
- IIIF standard for the exchange of images
- Native relational and XML databases
- Full-text XML search engines
- CMS (Content Management System)
- Windows and Linux environments.
- Long-standing experience and demonstrate advanced competences in computer science and software development;
- High School diploma
- Senior developer of web applications for digital humanities
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree and ongoing PhD (compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory)