Digital humanities, digital edition, text encoding, text analysis, web applications
Collaboration for the creation of the digital critical edition of Avicenna's Ilāhiyyāt. Job tasks include:
- assistance to editors creating data lists to check the working in progress
- assistance to computer scientists in the analysis of texts and data, that is useful to development of tools and front end applications
- testing of tools, implemented for the project, and checking of data, archived in the system of the project
- updating of contents of the avicennaproject.eu site
- monitoring of activities by means of statistical graphs
The candidate must have proved experience in the management and analysis of the text in the field of the digital humanities.
In particular, it is required excellent knowledge of:
- XML standards and in particular the TEI specifications
- regular expressions, SQL and XQuery to interrogate relational databases and XML data
- HTML5 e CSS
- CMS (Content Management System)
• long-standing experience in computational techniques of text processing and text modeling for digital humanities
• master’s degree
• knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Digital humanist
“ERC Phibor - Philosophy on the Border of Civilizations and Intellectual Endeavours: Towards a Critical Edition of the Metaphysics (Ilahiyyat of Kitab al-Shifa’) of Avicenna (Ibn Sina); CUP: D61G18000240006; Codice progetto: P0123
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).