structural and functional magnetic resonance imaging, cognitive neuroscience, perception, sensorimotor processing, neural representation
The appointed candidate will participate in the research activities of the MoMiLab Research Unit related to the analysis of brain activity through functional magnetic resonance (MR) imaging, and of brain structure through morphological MR imaging. The RTD-A Fellow should show expertise in the acquisition and analysis of brain imaging data to conduct independent and original research projects, but also to support collaborative projects on the neural correlates of sensorimotor processing and representations. These projects will require the exploitation of novel MRI-based data acquisition and analytical tools (e.g., multivariate pattern methods). In particular, research activities may regard:
- Development of experimental protocols to determine the neural correlates of perceptual/motor processing and representation
- Analysis of brain imaging dataset belonging to open-access (medical) image repositories
- Support to the data acquisition and processing of MRI data in the IMT-affiliated research centers
- Application/development of advanced MRI-based data analytical tools
The candidate must possess established expertise and a proven portfolio of research within the following research fields: signal processing of MRI data; (advanced) analysis of brain functional data; application of brain imaging processing and analysis methodologies to address the neural correlates. Important criteria also include knowledge of current status of research in the field of brain imaging applied to cognitive neuroscience; possibly established national and international collaborations; a proven record of publications in international scientific journals.
PhD in a field related to the present call obtained in Italy or abroad. Curriculum with a suitable scientific background for carrying out research activity in the required field.
Ricercatore tempo determinato (legge 240/2010 art. 24 comma 3 lettera a))
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Rector, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Applicants selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis are interviewed at the Job Market Meetings in which the Institute is planning to participate, if applicable to the specific academic sector. Alternatively, individual preliminary interviews may also be conducted at IMT or by conference call. Travel expenses to Lucca for the preliminary interview will not be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Job Market Presentation open to IMT faculty members and students. Travel expenses for the Job Market Presentation will be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic); Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Please note that this list might not be exhaustive and the candidate is referred to the official call for the complete list of criteria.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (compulsory)
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published paper or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper during the final stage of the selection process.
- Additional papers can be submitted for evaluation (to be attached to your application in a single zip file where indicated in the online form). Note that these papers will be used in the evaluation procedure: not uploading papers will not be a cause for exclusion but will result in a lower amount of points assigned to the candidate. Please check the full call for further information about additional papers.