Art and Science, Art History, History of Art Criticism, Philosophy of Science, History of Sciences and Techniques, Aesthetics, Life Sciences.
Provide support to the research in collaboration with the research units LYNX Center for the interdisciplinary Analysis of Images and MOMILAB Molecular Mind Laboratory at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca.
The candidate will be asked to support research activities on the relationship between science (in particular the medical and biological sciences) and art, between the mid-nineteenth and early twentieth centuries related to the project “Aesthetics in the Brain: an interdisciplinary investigation on the functional and neural mechanisms mediating aesthetic experience” (PRIN 2015). The research will be carried out in cooperation with the research units LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images and MOMILAB Molecular Mind Laboratory at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca. Priority will be given to applicants with extensive knowledge of the international scientific-academic debate in the area described in the announcement, as this expertise is needed to develop collaborations with interdisciplinary national and international research centers.
- Specialized degree/5-year undergraduate degree in Art History, the History of Science or areas related to the subject indicated in this announcement.
- PhD in areas related to the subject indicated in this announcement.
- At least three years of documented experience and research at public or private universities or research centers.
- Excellent English language skills, both spoken and written.
- Priority will be given to applicants with previous experience in interdisciplinary research activities in the following fields: the history of art criticism in relation to the history of science, the history of modern art, the history of contemporary art, or the history of life sciences.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary context.
- Ability to design research projects.
Aesthetics in the Brain: an interdisciplinary investigation on the functional and neural mechanisms mediating aesthetic experience (PRIN 2015)
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).