FULL TITLE: "ARCHEOLOGY - Survey, cataloguing, investigation and study of the cultural heritage, especially archaeological materials preserved in the National Museums of Crotone and its Province, the National Archaeological Museum and Park of Locri, and the Archaeological Museum and Park ARCHEODERI of Bova Marina"
Survey and cataloguing of cultural heritage; Crotone; Locri; Bova Marina.
The candidate will be employed as a research fellow in the context of the activities envisaged in the agreement between the Direzione Regionale Musei della Calabria and the IMT School for Advanced Studies (Rep. IMT School n. 35/2022 Prot. n. 5751, 12/05/2022 and Rep. DRM-CAL n. 5, 27/04/2022), as specified in the operative agreement between the above-mentioned institutions (Prot. IMT School no. 11741(99), 26/09/2022 and Prot. MIC_DRM-CAL 0004592-P, 23/09/2022). The research will be carried out at the premises of DRM Calabria, the museums and archaeological parks considered and the Research Unit LYNX Center for the Interdisciplinary Analysis of Images, Contexts, Cultural Heritage. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the methods to survey and access paper and digital archives, as well as of the tools for documenting, cataloguing and studying the archaeological record, with particular attention to the area of reference. The research fellow must have an excellent knowledge of the public organisation for the management of cultural heritage as well as of the IT tools used by the institutions of the Ministry of Culture for the survey, cataloguing and organisation of data. The research fellow will also have to demonstrate an excellent ability to collaborate with specialists from other disciplines in the field of cultural heritage, in particular cultural heritage law, computer science applied to cultural heritage, museum studies and organisational-managerial studies.
● Survey of the relevant available data and cultural heritage (on display and in the storerooms) of the following Museums and archaeological Parks:
- National Museums of Crotone and its Province;
- National Museum and Archaeological Park of Locri;
- Museum and Archaaeological Park ARCHEODERI, Bova Marina.
● Review of the existing catalogues;
● Creation of a new strategy for the organisation and access to the datasets;
● Updating and/or integration of the datasets, also with digital forms;
● When needed, photographic and 3D acquisition of objects and arcaheological remains.
● The appointed fellow could participate both in the AMCH track seminars and Lynx research activities.
- Master’s degree in Archeology, Sciences of Cultural Heritage or related fields;
- Excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- PhD in fields related to the present call will be considered as a preferential title;
- Previous research experience in cataloguing and studying the archaeological record.
L-ANT/07 Archeologia classica
ACCORDO OPERATIVO IN ATTUAZIONE DELLA CONVENZIONE REP. N. 5 DEL 27 /04/ 2022 TRA Direzione Regionale Musei Calabria E Scuola IMT - P0259 - CUP D63C22000690005
Rettifica elenco ammessi alla selezione
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).