Sleep, physiological signals, PSG, EEG, MRI
The appointed candidate will participate in a research project aimed at exploring the effects of sensory stimulation protocols on brain activity during sleep. In particular, he/she will contribute to the preprocessing and analysis of sleep high-density EEG data and of related physiological signals, including EOG and EMG. The appointed candidate will also contribute to the analysis of functional MRI data collected during active tasks involving the presentation of sensory stimuli to awake individuals.
- MSc in Biomedical Engineering or similar fields;
A Ph.D. in Neuroscience, Biomedical Engineering or similar fiels (preferably obtained in the last 6 years);
Applied research experience in the field of neuroscience, UX/HCI and cognitive ergonomics;
At least 3 years of experience in analysizing electroencephalographic data;
A suitable background for carrying out research activity;
A good knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of this position;
- Experience with the analysis of standard and high-density (64-256 electrodes) electroencephalographic data. In particular, the ideal candidate should have experience with the analysis of continuous data, collected during wakefulness and/or sleep;
- Experience with the analysis of physiological signals including EOG, EMG and ECG;
- Experience with the preprocessing and analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data;
- Ability to work in a team.
1 year, renewable
Tweaking dreams: non-invasive modulation of the level and content of mental activity during sleep” - TweakDreams (GA 948891, Dr. Giulio Bernardi)
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).