Innovation policy; small and medium enterprises; start-up firms
The project aims at investigating innovation policies for small and medium enterprises. The Italian startup Act (Law 221/2012) and the Italian innovative SMEs Act (entered into force in 2015 through Italian Law 3/2015) are two notable examples. The impact of the first policy has been recently studied whereas the effect of the second policy is still underexplored. The main goal of this project is to better investigate the feature of the SMEs for which policy interventions have been effective in Italy and in other European countries, to better design future targeted interventions. The study will rely on detailed firm-level information to be analyzed by using microeconometric and machine learning methodologies.
The selected candidate will visit the MSI Department at KU Leuven. The research period in Belgium may represent a chance to get access to data on Belgian companies and interact with other scholars involved in similar topics.
- A PhD in Economics or Management or similar fields;
- Having obtained the PhD within 10 years of the Master's degree and within 5 years of the deadline for this call;
- A suitable background for carrying out research activity;
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written;
- Good knowledge of Stata and R
Go for IT – Fondazione CRUI
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).