The International Advisory Board is an advisory body that issues opinions regarding teaching and research, as well as the Three-Year Plan. The International Advisory Board is made up of three to five members from the international scientific community who are active in the scientific sectors present at the IMT School. They are nominated by the Board of Governors upon suggestion of the Director, after having spoken to the Academic Senate.
- Helga Nowotny - Professor Emeritus, ETH, Zurich
- Reinhilde Veugelers - Full Professor, Faculty of Economics and Business, KU Leuven
- Giulio Tononi - Director of Wisconsin Institute for Sleep and Consciousness, University of Wisconsin - Madison School of Medicine
- Alfio Quarteroni - Professor at Politecnico di Milano and Honorary Professor at EPFL Losanna
- Adina L. Roskies - The Helman Family Distinguished Professor, Professor of Philosophy and Chair of the Cognitive Science Program at Dartmouth College