Research seminars on recent trends in the field of computational fracture mechanics for composite materials. Contribution to research and PhD education programmes at the IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca, with special regard to research on computational fracture mechanics within the Research Project of National Interest PRIN 2017: "XFAST-SIMS: Extra fast and accurate simulation of complex structural systems" (CUP: D68D19001260001). Due to Covid-19 restrictions, activities might take place under teleconference.
The IMT School for Advanced Studies Lucca is looking for a visiting professor/researcher with experience in computational fracture mechanics for composites, finite element procedures for shells, modeling and simulation of structural instabilities and phase field approach to fracture. Candidates should demonstrate an excellent record of international collaborations.
- PhD in mechanical engineering, structural mechanics, or related areas.
- Candidates must have an excellent record of high-impact international publications and international collaborations.
- Candidates should demonstrate experience in computational mechanics applied to composite structures, with special focus on fracture mechanics of composite materials.
- Knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Researcher in computational mechanics, with expertise in composite shell structures characterized by mechanical and geometrical nonlinearities, fracture mechanics, phase field approach.
- Ability in implementing user element subroutines in finite element programmes.
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).