Erasmus+ Programme - Erasmus IMT Call 2017
ERASMUS+ Programme – IMT Call 2017
Grants for student mobilities for Study and Traineeship – 2017/18
[Deadline: November 8th, 2017 at 12:30 pm Italian time]
- Who can apply?
- What are the activities?
- How Much?
- I have already started an IMT visiting period abroad, can I apply for the mobility grant?
- Can I request an extension after the Period Abroad has already begun?
- Is my scholarship compatible with the mobility grant?
- Selection Criteria
- Treatment of personal data
All IMT and GSSI-Computer Science PhD students eligible for the “study, research, traineeship period abroad” aka “visiting period abroad”, as long as they are authorized by their Advisor, can apply.
PhD candidates who are going to graduate by July 2018 and who will finish their visiting period abroad by September 30th, 2018 are eligible for Erasmus+ for traineeships mobilities.
PhD students during their doctoral studies may benefit from more than one Erasmus+ grant (either for Study or Traineeship) as long as their mobility periods do not exceed a comprehensive total of 12 months.
- Student mobility for Studies:
a study period abroad (e.g. course attendance) at a partner Higher Education Institution (HEI).
ERASMUS+ student mobility for studies has to be carried out in the framework of prior inter-institutional agreements between sending and receiving higher education institutions, both of which must be holders of an ECHE - Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020
- Student mobility for Traineeships:
a traineeship (work placement) abroad in an enterprise or any other relevant workplace (aka receiving organization).
The receiving organization (HEI or enterprise) must be established in a Programme Country that is different from the country of the sending organization (i.e. Italy).
Current Programme Countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
The receiving organization can be:
- a HEI awarded with an ECHE or
any public or private organization active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. For example, such organization can be:
a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level;
- a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational centre (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, including vocational education and adult education);
- a non-profit organization, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services.
The following types of organizations are not eligible as receiving organizations for student traineeships:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialized agencies (their exhaustive list is available on the website https://europa.eu/european-union/index_en);
- organizations managing EU programs such as national agencies (in order to avoid a possible conflict of interests and/or double funding).
- Beginning of the period abroad: from January 1st, 2018
- End of the period abroad: until September 30th, 2018
Duration of the period abroad
- Study periods: from 3 to 12 months
- Traineeships: from 2 to 12 months
The EU has determined that the mobility grants are to be fixed according to the country of destination and the exact amounts have been defined by the Erasmus+ Italian National Agency as follows:
|Group||Countries||Study Grant||Traineeship Grant|
|Group 1 Programme Countries with higher living costs|
Denmark, Ireland, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Liechtenstein
|Group 2 Programme Countries with medium living costs|
|Group 3 Programme Countries with lower living costs|
Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
The grant is calculated based on a daily rate. The number of days between the start and the end date of the mobility as assessed by the receiving organization will be considered to be the duration of the mobility.
Please note that a calculation will be made on the basis of one month as the equivalent of 30 days (as a year is seen as 360 days, on the basis that this is used in financial markets throughout Europe).
No, unfortunately you cannot: only doctoral students leaving from January 1st, 2018 are eligible to apply.
Yes, you can as long as: 1) there is continuity between the authorized period abroad and the extension period being requested, 2) the whole period does not exceed your Erasmus+ months left and 3) the end is by September 30th, 2018.
Please note that the extension of the grant is subject to availability of funds.
The request for extension has to be forwarded to the Graduate Education and Student Services Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 1 month before the end of the period originally agreed on and both your Advisor and the receiving organization have to approve the extension as well.
Yes, it is. EU mobility funds are combinable/compatible with the PhD scholarship and its increase by 50% for PhD related activities carried out abroad.
The outcome of the selection will be 2 separate rankings: one for Erasmus for Study activities and the other one for Erasmus for Traineeships activities.
Eligible candidates’ applications will be ranked by a Selection Committee (appointed by the Director) according to the following criteria:
- students whose mobility periods have been already accepted by the host institution/enterprise (8 points)
- students who have not yet spent a visiting period abroad (4 points)
- students who have not yet had additional mobility funds apart from scholarship increase (2 points)
- students who are closer to the end of their PhD studies according to the doctoral cycle they belong to. Namely: XXVIII and XXIX: 8 points, XXX: 6 points, XXXI: 4 points, XXXII: 2 points
- mobilities towards host institutions/enterprises already scientifically connected to the IMT School (e.g. previous mobility agreements, cotutele agreements, supervisor at host has co-authored with IMT faculty or has come to Lucca for courses, seminars, etc.) (3 points)
- students whose mobility is not towards their home country (2 points)
If the above criteria lead to the same position in the ranking for more than one candidate, the selection committee will assign from 0 to 3 points for the consistency of the proposed mobility with one’s individual educational path and research project and from 0 to 2 points for the consistency of the application with the type of Erasmus grant requested (for Study or Traineeship).
The application - including the Advisor’s authorization - must be submitted by the deadline to the Graduate Education and Student Services Office, using the Erasmus+ IMT 2017/2018 application form and its Attachment I.
No more than one application per person may be accepted and the applicant has to select only one type of activity, either Erasmus for Study or Erasmus for Traineeship.
The complete form can be delivered by hand, by fax +39 0583 4326565 or by email email@example.com.
IMT will use personal data submitted by applicants only for the application and selection procedures and for institutional aims in accordance with D.Lgs. 196/03 (Italian Privacy Code).
Taking part in the selection process implies the agreement with the publication of this data and of that related to selection results on the IMT website.
Each applicant enjoys the rights established by art.7 of D.Lgs. 196/03 (Italian Privacy Code).
The handling of data is carried out under the responsibility of the Director of IMT.
The deadline for the submission of applications is November 8th, 2017 at 12:30pm Italian time
- Bando Erasmus+ IMT 2017/2018 (official call, only available in Italian)
- UE Erasmus Plus
- Italian National Erasmus + Agency - Italian National Erasmus+ Agency
For any further information, please contact the IMT Graduate Education and Student Services Office – Erasmus Mobility
Tel: +39 0583 4326 562
Fax: +39 0583 4326 565