Erasmus+ Programme - Erasmus IMT Call 2015
Student mobility for Study and Traineeship - 2015/2016 academic year
Deadline: January 18th, 2016
- Who can apply?
- What are the activities?
- How Much?
- Can I request an extension after the Period Abroad has already begun?
- Is my scholarship compatible with the mobility grant?
- Selection Criteria
- Treatment of personal data
All IMT and GSSI-Computer Science PhD Students eligible for the “study, research, traineeship period” or “visiting period abroad”, as long as they are authorized by their advisor (and the Scientific Board for periods longer than 3 months) can apply.
PhD candidates who are going to graduate by March 2016 and who will complete their visiting period abroad by September 30th, 2016 are eligible for traineeships.
Please note that:
- the same student may receive Erasmus+ grants, for mobility periods totalling up to 12 months maximum per each cycle of study, independently from the number and type of mobility activities. Prior experience under the LLP-Erasmus Programme counts towards the 12 months per study cycle.
- The duration of a traineeship carried out by recent PhD graduates counts towards the 12 months maximum during the PhD.ERASMUS + student mobility for studies has to be carried out in the framework of prior inter-institutional agreements between sending and receiving higher education institutions, both of which must be holders of an ECHE - Erasmus Charter for Higher Education 2014-2020.
- a study period abroad at a partner higher education institution (HEI);
- a traineeship (work placement) abroad in an enterprise or any other relevant workplace (aka receiving organization)
The receiving organization (HEI or enterprise) must be established in a Programme Country that is different from the country of the sending organization.
Current Programme Countries:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Kingdom, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia.
The receiving organization can be:
- an HEI awarded with an ECHE or
- any public or private organization active in the labour market or in the fields of education, training and youth. For example, such organization can be:
- a public or private, a small, medium or large enterprise (including social enterprises);
- a public body at local, regional or national level;
- a social partner or other representative of working life, including chambers of commerce, craft/professional associations and trade unions;
- a research institute;
- a foundation;
- a school/institute/educational center (at any level, from pre-school to upper secondary education, and including vocational education and adult education);
- a non-profit organization, association, NGO;
- a body providing career guidance, professional counselling and information services.
The following types of organizations are not eligible as receiving organizations for student traineeships:
- EU institutions and other EU bodies including specialized agencies (their exhaustive list is available on the website ec.europa.eu/institutions/index_en.htm);
- organizations managing EU programs such as national agencies (in order to avoid a possible conflict of interests and/or double funding).
- Beginning of the period abroad: from February 1st, 2016
- End of the period abroad: until September 30th, 2016
Duration of the period abroad
- Study periods: from 3 to 12 months
- Traineeships: from 2 to 12 months
The EU has determined that the mobility grants are to be fixed according to the country of destination and the exact amounts have been defined by the Erasmus + Italian National Agency as follows:
|Group||Countries||Study Grant||Traineeship Grant|
|Group 1 Programme Countries with higher living costs|
Denmark, Ireland, France, Austria, Finland, Sweden, United Kingdom, Norway, Liechtenstein
|Group 2 Programme Countries with medium living costs|
Belgium, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Spain, Croatia, Cyprus, Turkey, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Iceland
|Group 3 Programme Countries with lower living costs|
Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Malta, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
These mobility funds are combinable/compatible with the PhD scholarship and the PhD scholarship increase for periods abroad.
The grant is calculated based on a daily rate. The number of days between the start and the end date of the mobility as assessed by the receiving organisation will be considered to be the duration of the mobility.
Please note that a calculation will be made on the basis of one month as the equivalent of 30 days (as a year is seen as 360 days, on the basis that this is used in financial markets throughout Europe).
Mobility in more than one country is eligible only at multiple branches of a single receiving institution in the same country or in different countries.
No, unfortunately you cannot, only doctoral students leaving after January 31st, 2016 are eligible to apply for this call.
Yes, it is possible, as long as: 1) there is continuity between the authorized period abroad and the extension period being requested, 2) the whole period does not exceed the Erasmus + months left and 3) the end is by September 30th, 2016.
Please note that the extension of the grant is subject to availability of funds.
The request for extension has to be forwarded to the Erasmus Service at least 1 month before the end of the period originally agreed on and the receiving organization has to approve the extension in writing. If all of these requirements are met, an amendment of the Traineeship Agreement will be prepared and signed both by you and IMT.
Yes, it is. Scholarships will be increased by 50% plus the mobility grants. However, please note that priority will be given to students who are not scholarship recipients.
Eligible candidates will be selected by a committee appointed by a Directorial Decree according to the following criteria:
- consistency of the Period Abroad with individual educational path and research project to be confirmed by the supervisor/advisor
academic performance in the PhD Program: exams, courses, seminars, events attendance
Preference will be given to:
- students who are not scholarship recipients
- students who are closer to the end of their PhD studies
- students who have not yet had an Erasmus+ grant
students whose mobility is not towards their home country
If the above criteria lead to the same position in the ranking for more than one candidate, the classification criteria will be that the younger ones will come first.
The application must be submitted to the Graduate Education and Student Services Office, using the Erasmus + IMT 2015/2016 application form, which includes the form for giving details on the visiting period and getting the advisor’s authorization (you can download the attachments below) by the deadline; the form can be delivered by hand, by fax (+39 0583 4326565) or by email (email@example.com) in PDF format with a scan of the signature.
IMT will use personal data submitted by applicants only for the application and selection procedures and for institutional aims in accordance with D.Lgs. 196/03 (Italian Privacy Code).
Taking part in the selection process implies the agreement with the publication of this data and of that related to selection results on the IMT website and in Official Board documents.
Each applicant enjoys the rights established by art.7 of D.Lgs. 196/03 (Italian Privacy Code).
The handling of data is carried out under the responsibility of the Director of IMT.
The deadline for the submission of applications is January 18th, 2016
- Bando Erasmus+ IMT 2015/2016 (official call, only available in Italian)
- UE Erasmus Plus
- Italian National Erasmus + Agency - Italian National Erasmus + Agency
For any further information, please contact the IMT Graduate Education and Student Services Office – Erasmus Mobility
Tel: +39 0583 4326 562
Fax: +39 0583 4326 565