The nearest airport to Lucca is Pisa International Airport.
- Pisa Airport- Pisa Centrale train station transfer is provided by the PisaMover Bus service with a timetable departure of every 10 minutes and a journey time of just 8 minutes. At the Airport, the stop is located just outside the check-in area. At the Pisa Central Station, the stop is located close to platform 14, from which you can easily reach the other platforms and station’s main entrance. The cost is 1,30 or 2 euro depending on whether you buy the ticket at shops or on the bus.
- The CoTaPi taxi company is available at Pisa airport. A taxi from Pisa airport to within Lucca city walls could cost around €50, and would take about 30 minutes.
- Trains to Lucca depart from Pisa Centrale train station. Details are available on the Trenitalia website or via Google Transit. Direct trains are Regionale trains. The journey is a little over 30 minutes by train. Prices are from €3.30. It is not possible to purchase Regionale tickets more than 7 days in advance of the day of travel. Trains are infrequent on the weekends and only the 07:04 and 07:50 trains will allow arrival in Lucca in time for a 09:00 start on Sunday.
The School can also be easily reached from Florence Airport.
- The easiest way to reach IMT from the Florence Airport is by taxi. You can catch a taxi from just outside the airport for an approximate cost €100.
- The first alternative is to take a city line bus to the Santa Maria Novella Station, in order to catch a connecting train to Lucca. A bus leaves approximately every 30 minutes from the airport and you can get more information at the following website: www.ataf.net. More information regarding trains between Santa Maria Novella and Lucca can be found here. The whole journey (bus+train) will take approximately two hours.
- The second alternative to get to Lucca is to take an "VAI BUS" interurban bus; the bus stop can be found immediately next to the airport and you can visualize the schedule of the connections on the following website: www.vaibus.it. The journey will take approximately one hour and forty-five minutes.
The Lucca Train Station is directly connected to the main Tuscan provinces and tourist locations such as: Pisa, Viareggio, Montecatini, Pistoia, Florence. You can check connections and timetables at the website of the Italian State Railways website.