Extremal graphs, combinatorics and complex networks
1 Visiting Professor position
(Deadline November 2nd, 2017 12:00 Italian time - mezzogiorno ora italiana)
The candidate is expected:To conduct research relevant to IMT’s strategy and contribute to the overall research performance of the School, carrying out research leading to the publishing of work in high-quality journals. To generate independent and original research within the specialist areas listed below and to contribute to the overall research performance of the School by publishing in leading international journals and conferences, by producing measurable outputs including bidding for funding and by recruiting and supervising postgraduate research students. The candidate is expected to conduct research in the areas relevant to Network group.
The candidate must provide an established expertise and proven portfolio of research within one or more of the following research fields:
1. extremal graph theory, investigating which structures are guaranteed to appear in graphs with (for example) a given number of edges.
2. almost-spanning subgraphs, stability theorems, and global properties such as diameter.
3. maximal H-free graphs, on colourings of directed graphs, and on path-pairability
- Formal requirements:
The candidate must possess a degree in a subject area relevant to the profile: Physics, Mathematics, Statistics. The PhD will be however evaluated.
- Specific requirements:
The candidate must prove ability in effective and persuasive communication, ability to supervise the work of others to focus team efforts, ability to work in a multidisciplinary team and to be able to communicate complex information to individuals from a range of disciplines.
- Research Unit:
- NETWORKS - Complex Networks
- Type of contract:
- Contratto di lavoro autonomo
- Gross remuneration:
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory)