Statistics and Econometrics
1 Post Doctoral Fellow position
Econometrics, Statistics, Statistical Physics, Networks
Activity in the area of Statistics and Econometrics. The position involves research, supervision and management of Scientific Tasks in the framework of the funded project CRISISLAB.
- Formal requirements:
Degree and PhD in a required fields. The candidate must have a curriculum with a suitable scientific background for carrying out research activity in the required field. Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Specific requirements:
- Ability for quantitative analysis of large databases through statistical and econometric techniques as well as through simulations
- Ability to analyze the properties of empirical distributions through parametric and nonparametric methods;
- knowledge of STATA, MatLab.
- Scientific area:
- Research Area:
- Economics and Institutional Change
- Research Unit:
- AXES - Laboratory for the Analysis of compleX Economic Systems
- Type of contract:
- Assegno di ricerca
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters.Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.