Multi-physics fracture mechanics of composite materials for energy devices
1 Post Doctoral Fellow position
Elasticity theory, Mechanics of thermo-diffusive elastic media, Homogenization theory, Composite materials for energy devices
Participation in the research activities of the ERC Starting Grant CA2PVM related to the development of multi-physics computational models for the study of the durability and performance of standard and innovative photovoltaic modules. In particular, research activities regard:
- Mathematical modelling and numerical simulation of fracture problems in materials for energy devices in the presence of diffusive phenomena.
- Numerical analysis and solution techniques for partial differential equations governing coupled problems in multi-physics.
- Application of homogenization theory to composite materials for energy devices.
- Stochastic processes in solid mechanics.
- General activities of support to the Institute research and supervision of PhD students
- Formal requirements:
Master in engineering or physics. Doctorate in structural mechanics, physics, or related areas. An excellent level of both written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Research Area:
- Computer Science and Applications
- Research Unit:
- MUSAM - Multi-scale Analysis of Materials
one year renevable up to the end of the ERC Grant
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters.Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.