1 Post Doctoral Fellow position
- Theory of Complex Networks, Brain Imaging
- The post holder will analyze functional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) brain networks in health, and in psychiatric/neurological disorders such as schizophrenia and mild cognitive impairment. The candidate will have the opportunity to work on exciting and original research ideas, and to collaborate with world-leading neuroscientists. The post holder will be asked to collaborate with Santa Lucia Foundation to manage data acquisition, and will be involved in a research group with neuroscientists and theoretical physicists also from IIT-Trento University and ISC-CNR and Istituto Sistemi Complessi- Consiglio Nazionale delle ricerche.
- Formal requirements:
- Curriculum vitae (resume) providing a detailed description of the research interests, strong background in Networks Science or a related discipline, good programming skills (preferably MATLAB or C programming language), and interest in Neuroscience and the Brain. Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- Specific requirements:
- Experience with mixture modelling, stochastic blockmodelling or machine learning. The possession of the PhD is to be considered preferential. Good communication and organizational skills to work in a research group are desirable.
- IIT (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia) – APRICOR (Analysis and Processing of Image Correlation)
- Scientific area:
- Scienze Fisiche
- Research Area:
- Computer Science and Applications
- Research Unit:
- NETWORKS - Complex Networks
- Type of contract:
- Assegno di ricerca
- 1 year renewable according to the Italian Law in force
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters.Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.