Model Predictive Control
1 Post Doctoral Fellow position
- Control systems, Optimization algorithms.
- Research, tutorship and mentoring of the Institute's Ph.D. students, limited teaching and participation in the development of the Institute's research activities
- Formal requirements:
- Possession of a PhD in Control Engineering or Chemical Engineering or in a related field. An excellent level of both written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Specific requirements:
A Ph.D. in Control Engineering or Chemical Engineering, or equivalent, is necessary to carry out the research activities.
Strong control-theoretical background, expertise in optimization (theory and algorithms), optimization-based control and strong skills in computer programming. Experience on control of water networks and control of chemical processes (including biochemical processes) will be considered as a plus.
The main tasks of the successful candidate will be to formulate models and devices efficient stochastic Model Predictive Control (MPC) algorithms for real-time operational control of drinking water networks, and novel MPC approaches for data-driven integrated process control. Apart from the duties related to the project, the successful candidate will conduct research in collaboration with the researchers and PhD students of the group on the topics related to the main tasks.
Candidates must have an excellent track record of high-impact international publications and an excellent level of both written and spoken English is mandatory. Candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm for performing applied research in an interdisciplinary Research Unit.
- Efficient Integrated Real-time Monitoring and Control of Drinking Water Networks - EFFINET; Using Distributed In-Situ Sensors Integrated into Raw Material and Energy Feedstock - DISIRE
- Research Area:
- Computer Science and Applications
- Research Unit:
- DYSCO - Dynamical Systems, Control, and Optimization
- Type of contract:
- Assegno di ricerca
- Gross remuneration:
- Negotiable; minimum €19,360 - maximum €35,000
- One year, renewable for an additional year
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters.Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.