Economics (IMT will attend the AEA Annual Meeting)
1 Assistant Professor position
- Applied Econometrics, Applied Theory, Microeconometrics, Political Economy.
- Activity in the area of Applied Econometrics and Political Economy. The position involves research, tutorship and mentoring of the Institute's Ph.D. students, limited teaching, and participation in the development of the Institute's research activities.
- Formal requirements:
Possession of a PhD in Economics or a related field, or a four or five year undergraduate degree in a related field if the PhD is expected to be earned by the date of appointment. An excellent level of both written and spoken English is mandatory
Note: Please remember to fill in the "PhD section" with all relevant information when compiling the Online Application Form.
- Research Area:
- Economics and Institutional Change
- Research Unit:
- ICES - Institutional Change, Economics, Society
- Type of contract:
- Assegno di ricerca
- Gross remuneration:
- Negotiable; minimum €30,000 - maximum €50,000
- negotiable from 1 to 3 years, renewable for a maximum of 4 years in total
- IMT will schedule interviews for this position at the AEA Annual Meeting. Please, confirm if you will be attending the AEA Annual Meeting to be held in Boston, on 3-5 January 2015
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters. Applicants selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis are interviewed at the Job Market Meetings in which the Institute is planning to participate, if applicable to the specific academic sector. Alternatively, individual preliminary interviews may also be conducted at IMT or by conference call. Travel expenses to Lucca for the preliminary interview will not be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Job Market Presentation open to IMT faculty members and students. Travel expenses for the Job Market Presentation will be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic); Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.
Up to 11 additional papers can be submitted for evaluation if desired (to be attached to your application in a single zip file where indicated in the online form)