Visual studies of science
1 Assistant Professor position
- Visual Studies of Science, history of scientific photography, history of early scientific cinema.
- Contribute to the organization of the PhD course on "Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage"; Research, tutorship and mentoring of the Institute’s PhD students, graduate teaching, applying for research funding, and participation in the development of the Institute's research activities.
- Formal requirements:
PhD in in related areas. An excellent level of both written and spoken English is mandatory.
Note: Please remember to fill in the "PhD section" with all relevant information when compiling the Online Application Form.
- Specific requirements:
- The candidates' attitude and motivations will be evaluated. Particular attention will be given to the ability to write research projects and to set imternational partnerships, the multidisciplinary approach to the analysis of art and science, the ability to teach and mentor PhD students, the ability to have a multidisciplinary research approach that distinguishes the Analysis and Management of Cultural Heritage Program and the LYNX Research Centre.
- Research Area:
- Economics and Institutional Change
- Research Unit:
- LYNX - Center for the interdisciplinary Analysis of Images
- Type of contract:
- Ricercatore tempo determinato (legge 240/2010 art.24 comma 3 lettera a) ) - Fixed term researcher
- Gross remuneration:
- +/- €35,000 (100% of the salary of a tenured researcher as defined by law)
- 3 years, renewable for a maximum of 5 total years
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and are based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis online application info and - if provided - reference letters. Applicants selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis are interviewed at the Job Market Meetings in which the Institute is planning to participate, if applicable to the specific academic sector. Alternatively, individual preliminary interviews may also be conducted at IMT or by conference call. Travel expenses to Lucca for the preliminary interview will not be reimbursed. Shortlisted candidates are invited for a Job Market Presentation open to IMT faculty members and students. Travel expenses for the Job Market Presentation will be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic); Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
Before starting prepare the application attachments and information as listed below.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card) (compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory)
- An email, with the appropriate instructions to upload the reference letters will be automatically generated and sent to your referees.
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
One research paper (published or working paper): compulsory.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.
Up to 11 additional papers can be submitted for evaluation if desired (to be attached to your application in a single zip file where indicated in the online form)