I am an Assistant Professor in the SysMA group. Before becoming part of IMT Lucca, I was a Research Fellow at the University of Southampton, UK, and a Research Assistant at the LMU in Munich, Germany. I was awarded a Diplom in math and a Ph.D. in computer science by the LMU in 2010 and 2014, respectively.
My research focusses on formal methods in the area of quantitative modeling, with an emphasis on the construction, verification and reduction of quantitative models given either in terms of high-level formalisms like chemical reaction networks, process algebra, queueing networks or defined by intermediate concepts such as Markov chains or ordinary differential equations. The main line of research focusses on reduction techniques because systems from practice induce in the vast majority of cases models that are too big to be analyzed efficiently. My research addresses this problem by formally relating the original model to a smaller one while preserving the essential properties.
I participate in the European project QUANTICOL and the DFG project DAPS. For more information about me, please take a look at my CV by clicking here.
- Max Tschaikowski and Mirco Tribastone. Spatial Fluid Limits for Stochastic Mobile Networks. Performance Evaluation, 2017. To appear.
- L. Cardelli, M. Tribastone, M. Tschaikowski, and A. Vandin. ERODE: A Tool for the Evaluation and Reduction of Ordinary Differential Equations. TACAS 2017. To appear.
- L. Bortolussi and M. Tschaikowski. Fluid Analysis of Spatio-Temporal Properties of Agents in a Population Model. ASMTA 2016.
- L. Cardelli, M. Tribastone, M. Tschaikowski, and A. Vandin. Comparing chemical reaction networks: A categorical and algorithmic perspective. LICS 2016.
- L. Cardelli, M. Tribastone, M. Tschaikowski, and A. Vandin. Symbolic computation of differential equivalences. POPL 2016.
- Luca Cardelli, Attila Csikász-Nagy, Neil Dalchau, Mirco Tribastone, and Max Tschaikowski. Noise Reduction in Complex Biological Switches. Scientific reports, 2016.
- Max Tschaikowski and Mirco Tribastone. Approximate reduction of heterogenous nonlinear models with differential hulls. IEEE TAC, 2016.
- M. Tschaikowski and M. Tribastone. A computational approach to steady-state convergence of fuid limits for Coxian queuing networks with abandonment. AOR, 2016
- L. Cardelli, M. Tribastone, M. Tschaikowski, and A. Vandin. Efficient syntax-driven lumping of differential equations. TACAS 2016.
- Matthias Kowal, Max Tschaikowski, Mirco Tribastone, and Ina Schaefer. Scaling size and parameter spaces in variability-aware software performance models. ASE 2015.