Remote Access to Electronic Resources
Most of our electronic resources (e-journals and databases) are also available from anywhere off-campus.
Only current members of IMT community can access electronic resources off-campus, due to license restrictions of vendors and publishers.
Alumni and external Library users may come to the campus and access many of these resources from our public computers.
How to configure the proxypac for remote access (only Firefox and Chrome are supported)
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the menu bar and then "Settings"
- On Top Right you’ll see a input box. Locate "Search Settings" input box.
- Type "proxy" in search box. Then a button will appear in bottom saying "Change Proxy Settings". Click on this button.;
- Click on Lan Settings to open a new dialogue window, as shown in the image.
In this window click on "Use automatic configuration script" and type the following address in the box: http://www.imtlucca.it/proxypac.php
If you are unable to type the address, please make sure the box is checked as shown below.
In order to validate the configuration, please close and reopen the browser.
Mozilla Firefox configuration:
Click on "Tools" from the menu bar;
Select "Advanced" from the dialogue window;
Select "Network " tab;
Click on "settings" button as shown below (this will open a new dialogue window).
Click on "Automatic proxy configuration URL" and type the following link: http://www.imtlucca.it/proxypac.php.
If you are unable to type the address, please make sure the box is checked.
- Once you have configured the proxy, you will be required to authenticate.
- Please use the following login credentials:
- Username: your IMT email (email@example.com)
- Password: your Intranet password
- Access to Discovery catalogue