Philosophy of Science, Formal Epistemology, Logic, Decision Theory, Game Theory, Cognitive Science
The successful candidate will contribute to the PRIN project’s goals, i.e., investigating the interface between modeling and decision-making: how scientific models function, how they advance our knowledge despite their intrinsic uncertainty and idealizations, and how they are applied in decision contexts.
The IMT School is looking for a post-doctoral researcher in philosophy of science, with excellent research experience and strong attitude for interdisciplinary collaboration, who will work in the PRIN project “From Models to Decisions” (PI: Prof. Gustavo Cevolani).
- A PhD in Philosophy or similar fields;
- A suitable background for carrying out research activity;
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory).
An email, with the instructions on how to upload the reference letters will be automatically sent to your referees.
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published one or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.