Computer Security, Software Security, Network Security, Cyber Range, Security Awareness
Development and management of automatic tools for cyber defence and for education to cyber defence. Study of international curricula and approaches to cyberdefence. Coordination of white hacking teams up of white hackers. Research on the topics of the SPARTA (https://www.sparta.eu) project.
Researcher in information Security with expertise in communication network security and operating systems, with proven qualification in the use of tools for training in cyber defense, and with proven experience, of at least ten years, in research and technology transfer in the field accompanied by first class international publications.
- A PhD in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Communication Engineering;
- A suitable background for carrying out research activity;
- An excellent knowledge of English, both spoken and written.
2 years (renewable)
Selection procedure and criteria
Selection procedure conditions are transparent and based on international standards.
A Selection Committee, appointed by the Director, assesses all applications on the basis of the online application form and - if provided - reference letters. Shortlisted candidates, selected on the basis of the preliminary analysis, are invited for a research presentation at IMT. Travel expenses to Lucca for theresearch presentation interview will not be reimbursed.
The evaluation criteria are based on: Quality of research activity, including publications in peer-reviewed journals and references; Research organization experience and participation in international/national research projects and research periods in public and private institutions (academic and non-academic);Relevance of the candidate's profile for the development of IMT's research activities; Teaching, mentoring and supervision experience; Motivation; Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken; As well as any other requirements as specified in the advertisement.
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory)
- Number of your Identity Document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- University degree (compulsory) and Ph.D. (obtained, or "ongoing")
- Name, position, institution and email address of three referees (compulsory).
An email, with the instructions on how to upload the reference letters will be automatically sent to your referees.
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory)
- Your CV in English (compulsory);
- One research paper, either a published one or a working paper (compulsory).
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present this research paper in the final stage of the selection.