Sensory-deprivation, Blindness, Deafness, Perception, Multisensory, Electrophysiology, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Participation in the research activities of the Unit related to the study of the psychophysical and neural bases of cognitive and behavioral activities through electrophysiology and brain imaging in sensory-deprived individuals, such as blind and deaf individuals, and in the developing brain. The RC Candidate should have a demonstrated expertise in the acquisition and analysis of behavioral, EEG and/or MRI data related to studies regarding the functional brain architecture that subtend perception and sensory processing. In particular, research will focus on role of (lack of) visual/auditory experience in the development and function of brain cortical organization and cognitive functioning. The RC Candidate will develop research within joint collaborative projects on the impact of vision and hearing on brain structure and function and should also be able to rely on different approaches, such as neuropsychology or psychophysics, in the characterization of sensory processing in typically developed or sensory deprived individuals. The project will also require the development of novel analytical tools, as well as their implementation on either behavioral, functional or electrophysiological data.
- PhD in neuroscience, psychology, or related areas;
- Articles published in scientific journals in the pertinent fields;
- The candidate should possess a scientific maturity to conduct a research project at a Principal Investigator level;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of this position;
- Previous positions in academic or research institutions.
€ 61.000,00 for 18 months
Apply ONLINE only.
Before filling in the application form, please read thoroughly the full call and collect all the files you may need:
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).