Cognitive Fatigue, Sleep, Electroencephalography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
The IMT School for Advanced Studies in Lucca invites applications for a Research Collaborator with a background in neuroimaging applied to social and affective cognition, behavioral psychology, social psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. The ideal candidate should have significant research experience with the administration of behavioral testing and psychometric questionnaires, preferentially applied to the fields of sleep research and/or to the study of the behavioral and neural outcomes of meditation practices. The candidate should also have good experience with the collection and analysis of data collected through high-density electroencephalography (hd-EEG; 64-256 electrodes) and functional/structural magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
- Master degree in Psychology, preferably acquired within the last 6 years;
- At least 3 years of research activity with experience on the analysis of electroencephalographic data and magnetic resonance imaging data;
- Excellent knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- A good track record of research experience and outcomes related to the field of this position;
- Experience in administering neuropsychological and personological questionnaires and tests for assessing cognitive abilities and psychological traits in healthy individuals and clinical populations;
- Experience with the recording and analysis of standard and high-density (64-256 electrodes) electroencephalographic data. In particular, the ideal candidate should have experience with the analysis of continuous data, collected during wakefulness and/or sleep, as well as with the analysis of event-related potentials (ERP). Experience with EGI-Philips hd-EEG systems is preferred;
- Experience with the preprocessing and analysis of functional magnetic resonance imaging data. Experience with AFNI is preferred;
- Experience with the analysis of cortical and subcortical morphology using Freesurfer and related tools;
- Basic MATLAB programming skills;
- Ability to work in a team.
1 year, renewable
Apply ONLINE only.
- Personal info and contact info (compulsory);
- University degree (compulsory);
- PhD (compulsory only if stated in the full call).
- The scanned copy of a valid identity document (Passport or Identity Card - compulsory);
- Your CV in English (compulsory).